As part of the Solidity team, you will be working exclusively on open source software, especially focussing on the Solidity language and compiler. You’ll collaborate in a rich learning environment that offers a high number of opportunities and possibilities to develop further within. You will become part of our truly international team that consists of specialists from all over the world and keep in touch with the latest academic research in the relevant area.
More about Solidity: Solidity is a statically-typed curly-braces programming language designed for developing smart contracts that run on Ethereum. As a relatively young language, Solidity is advancing at a rapid speed. We are continuously working to improve the language and are always looking for new team members to join us on that mission.
Learn more by browsing the Solidity GitHub repository or the Solidity website.
- Develop and maintain the Solidity language and compiler.
- Contribute to language design discussions and decisions.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree in a hard science, e.g. IT, engineering, mathematics or equivalent.
- Professional C++ expertise as well as sound knowledge and experience in other programming languages.
- In-depth experience in language design, compiler implementation or formal systems would be a plus.
- A GitHub account with a proven track record of open-source project contributions would be a great advantage.
- Experience with CMake, boost, git workflow would be a plus.
- Ability to work in pair programming, critiquing and responsive to constructive feedback.
- You are a good communicator and team player. You know how to navigate within a lean, start-up like organization.
- You are solution and goal-oriented, resourceful while still keeping a flexible mindset. You take self-responsibility and initiative and possess a can-do attitude.
- You have an ownership mentality. When you take on a task, you get it done. You proactively troubleshoot problems blocking your path, and the problems blocking the paths of others.
- You're organized. You have strong habits that let you track multiple accountabilities simultaneously. You know how to scope a project, foresee difficulties and translate an idea into reality.
- You share Ethereum's values. You're passionate about the Open Source and/or Free Software movements and decentralization.
- You have cross-cultural expertise. You are experienced in working with international teams across various time zones.
What We Offer
- Full-time position, either a full-time or freelance employment contract, depending on your own personal needs and preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive compensation, market rates apply
- Optimally based in Berlin, remote work from anywhere within a European time zone is negotiable
About the Ethereum Foundation
The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies. Our mission is to do what is best for Ethereum’s long-term success. Our role is to allocate resources to critical projects, to be a valued voice within the Ethereum ecosystem, and to advocate for Ethereum to the outside world.
To apply to this position, please include a brief (less than one page) cover letter explaining your qualifications, along with a resume or CV. Bonus points for adding a link to open source contributions or projects done by you!